Help bring Christmas to Shandon!
You may still have pumpkins out...
but we're already thinking about Christmas!
Over the course of two weekends (and 7 Christmas performances), we'll welcome thousands of people onto our campus to celebrate Christmas. It takes an army of awesome people to make Glorious and The Singing Christmas Tree happen, and we'd love for you to be a part of the team!
No matter your skill set, there is a way for you to serve. We encourage you to consider attending one performance and serving at another! (Middle school students and older are encouraged to serve, as well.)
These guys are already busy building and prepping for "the tree"!
PRE- & POST-EVENT HELP
Believe it or not, "the tree" goes up in under 2 weeks, on Sunday, November 13! From unloading and constructing the tree, to running cables and setting the stage for Glorious, to transitioning the stage after Glorious and The Singing Christmas Tree, we need a lot of hands on deck!
- We will be unloading the tree on Saturday, November 12 from noon to about 2pm. Bring gloves!
- We will build the tree on Sunday, November 13 at 3pm. Please bring gloves and socket wrenches (7/16 & 9/16). Middle school-aged and older, please!
- Our production team can use extra hands during the day on November 15, 16 and 17 to help run cables and set the stage.
- If you sew or could help with costuming for The Singing Christmas Tree, we need your skills!
We will have a tremendous transition after the 5:00 performance of Glorious on Saturday, December 3. We are looking for 6-8 people that can help reset the stage for Sunday morning services (3-4 hours following the performance).
During Glorious and The Singing Christmas Tree, we are looking for greeters (door greeters, parking lot assistants & ushers), production assistance (camera operators, cable runners & gophers--we train!), backstage help (coordinating entrances, exits, and props), and emergency medical personnel.
The Children's Choir needs adult assistance during dress rehearsal and performances. Volunteer for 1 or more dates:
- Thursday, December 8 (Dress Rehearsal): 6-7:30pm
- Friday, December 9: 6:30pm through end of performance
- Saturday, December 10 : 2pm through end of 1st performance &/or 5pm through end of 2nd performance
- Sunday, December 11: 2pm through end of 1st performance &/or 5pm through end of 2nd performance
We are also looking for greeters and production assistance for the Christmas Eve services and the Christmas Day service.