The adult mission trip to Nicaragua took place July 12-18, 2014, and was led by Shandon member Greg Abrams.
This is the best word I can use to describe our time in Nicaragua. What an amazing week of watching God work in only ways He can. To my team, thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone and going to a 3rd world country. We had an amazing team and I want to thank each of you for working hard, exhibiting a servants heart and sharing your faith each and every day through your actions and words. As a team God used us in great ways.
Here is a recap for you of how God used us in the barrio Emmanuel.
Construction Efforts for the local church we served:
- Provided and installed a septic tank
- Painted the entire church inside and out
- Prepped for a roof for the Sunday School building.
- Mixed concrete, laid block and built 2 shower/bathrooms for the church
- Provided 2 tables for the Sunday School Room for feeding and teaching
Ministry to the local church & community (a barrio called Emmanuel)
- Lead worship for a Sunday morning service, and 2 midweek services
- Lead a Vacation Bible School for children with many accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior
- Door to Door Evangelism and provided roughly 150 personal care bags through the barrio along with 200 Bibles and New Testaments
- Provided a meal for the entire barrio
- Presented the Pastor and his family with a motorbike so they now have means of transportation
I hope you will consider attending next year!
This post originally appeared on Drink from the Fountain, James Roberts' (Minister of Global Missions & Evangelism) personal blog.