"The Tree" is days away!
It is hard to believe but we are days away from the 24th annual Singing Christmas Tree at Shandon Baptist Church. My best guess is that over a quarter of a million people have attended the Tree over those years.
The thing that I hear over and over from the choir and those involved in the tree this year is how they love the songs we are singing. There is something about the Tree with all of the lights, the 130 voice choir and full orchestra that just says “I love Christmas!”
This year’s program is about the birthday of the King from beginning to end. You’re going to want to just sing along and you are more than welcome to do that! I hope you will!
Make sure you are here to make this Midlands Christmas Tradition a part of your Christmas! If you haven’t gotten tickets, be sure to call our special Christmas at Shandon line at (803) 751-1829 or go online to www.christmasatshandon.com and get your complimentary tickets. I’m looking forward to seeing you there!
SINGING CHRISTMAS TREE FUN FACTS
- The tree stands just over 25' tall, including the star, and is decorated with around 50,000 lights.
- It holds a 130-voice choir
- Our cast is around 300 people, including our choir, orchestra, children's & youth choirs, angels and drama cast.
- The Singing Christmas Tree began in the early 1980's and was held at Shandon's original campus on Woodrow Street.
- The Tree was held at the Township Auditorium for many years before being moved to our old worship center at our current Forest Drive location.
- The event took a 7 year hiatus and came back in 2010 (Scott Lee's first year as Minister of Music). It was the first time the event was held in our current worship center.
Check out this blast from the past! Singing Christmas Tree, 1994