Caring for the World
Our purpose at Shandon is composed of what we affectionately call "The 3 C's." The second "C" in Shandon's "3 C's" is caring for the world through investing in others and inviting them to church.
How can you be involved in helping Shandon care for the world? Here are just a few suggestions:
- Share your faith! When God gives you opportunities, step forward with boldness and share what Christ has done for you with a friend, neighbor, coworker...whomever!
- Invite someone to experience Christian community by inviting them to join you for Sunday School, worship, Bible Study, or a Shandon event (Married Life Live, Christmas events, and Men's & Women's Ministry events are just a few great events to invite someone to!).
- Participate in a LoveLoud community project.
- Spread the Gospel through a short-term mission trip.
- Be a missionary without leaving Columbia by serving in our Internationals Ministry.
- Give to the Global Harvest Missions Offering.
- Get involved with one of our local ministry partners: Daybreak Crisis Pregnancy Center, HIS House, Ronald McDonald House, Oliver Gospel Mission (email Jerry Long for a complete list and information about how to get involved).
- Organize a service project for your Sunday School class.