Join the Family
No matter where you are on your journey with Christ--still questioning and learning, new to the faith, or years down the road, you are welcome in this community of Believers here at Shandon Baptist Church. God is doing amazing things in and through this congregation, and we hope that you, too, will find Shandon the place that so many others call home.
Do you feel that through circumstances, people in your life, or even seemingly random events that God has been speaking to you? If you are ready to begin your walk with Christ, please click here for information about how to do so. Though you may not immediately feel like it, you're life will be forever changed! We want to help you get started in your new life with Christ. If you have recently come to know Christ and would like to speak with a minister, please contact Clay Smith: , 782-1300.
Once a person puts his or her faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, the next step is to experience baptism, a symbolic picture of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and of your identification with Him. Baptism symbolizes your death to your old life of sin, your burial of that old life, and your new life in Christ Jesus. The pattern for baptism, as seen in the New Testament, is a public declaration of your personal faith by being fully immersed in water. It is also a way to reaffirm Him as Lord of your life by being willing to obey His desire for you to be baptized. This is also the final step to completing your membership process at Shandon. (If you have already been baptized by immersion as a sign of your faith in Christ earlier in life, you do not need to be baptized again.)
You can schedule your baptism in a couple of ways:
- Call Clay Smith, our Minister of Evangelism, or his assistant, Jaime Vassallo, in the church office (782-1300, ext. 118)
- Respond to the invitation. During the invitation time of the worship service, go down front and tell a minister that you’d like to be baptized. A Worship counselor will help schedule it for you.
A letter will then be sent to you the week of your baptism giving all of the information you will need: what to wear, where to go and what time to be there. If you have questions regarding baptism in general, or yours in particular, please feel free to call the church and ask for Clay Smith or his assistant, Jaime Vassallo.
Membership at Shandon
Church membership at Shandon Baptist is open to anyone who has made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. If you're wondering why it's important to commit to the church, click here.
We offer four easy ways to join Shandon:
- Respond to the invitation. During the invitation time at any of our worship services, walk to the front of the sanctuary and speak to a minister standing at the head of one of the aisles. All you have to say is “I’d like to join your church” and we’ll take it from there.
- After the conclusion of any worship service, approach one of our ministers who stand adjacent to the stage. They are happy to talk to you about membership or any other spiritual matter you may be dealing with.
- Call the church office and make an appointment with one of our ministers. We will be happy to meet in our offices or wherever is most convenient for you. If you do not have a minister of preference, ask for Clay Smith in the office of evangelism and outreach.
- Attend a Dinner with the Pastor for prospective members. These free dinners are normally scheduled for once a month from 6:30 to 8:00pm. At the conclusion of the dinner, you will be given a chance to join Shandon. Click here for more information.